Nature gave a woman a special gift – to give birth to children. Pregnancy is without doubt the happiest period of her life. Only such a nuisance as toxicosis, especially late, can darken the wait.
Scientists from medicine cannot name the exact reasons that can provoke gestosis , but there are a number of important factors.
About late toxicosis
In no case should early and late toxicosis be confused. The latter is often not accompanied by nausea, as the early one, that is, it can be latent, which is why it is dangerous. Only a good specialist can diagnose ” gestosis “.
Signs and consequences of late toxicosis
- The presence of protein in the urine.
- High blood pressure.
- Puffiness, often latent.
- Pain in the head.
- The appearance of extraneous noise in the ears.
- The appearance of pain in the stomach and hypochondrium.
This leads to serious disorders of salt and water metabolism in the body of a pregnant woman. Sodium salts and water are retained in the body. As a result, blood circulation is impaired, and an insufficient amount of oxygen is supplied to the cells and tissues. This causes dystrophic changes in important organs – kidneys, liver, uterus, placenta.
Late toxicosis is dangerous for women’s health. Not excluded: pulmonary edema, heart attack, stroke, detachment of the eye retina, hemorrhage in the eye, hepatic coma, renal and hepatic insufficiency.
Late toxicosis – what is dangerous for the unborn baby
- Oxygen starvation – fetal hypoxia.
- Disturbances in the development of the fetal nervous system.
- Premature birth.
- Placental abruption, resulting in fetal death.
What can cause late toxicosis
- Previous abortions.
- Too early pregnancy, before 18 years old, and late, after 40 years.
- The short time between two pregnancies is less than two years.
- Work in hazardous industries associated with chemical components that cause persistent intoxication of the body.
- The negative environment in which a woman lives.
- The time allotted for good rest is not enough, especially sleep deprivation is dangerous.
- Any diseases, both colds and infectious.
- Chronic ailments: pyelonephritis, fibroids, nephritis, hypertension, disruptions in the functioning of the endocrine system.
- “Wrong” food.
Stages of development of gestosis
- Dropsy, with characteristic edema. If you do not pay attention to her, she can turn into a serious disease – nephropathy.
- Nephropathy. Protein appears in the urine, the pressure is markedly increased. Treatment is imperative, the life of the fetus is at risk.
- Preeclampsia . This is a complication of untreated nephropathy, in which there are disturbances in the work of the main body systems.
- Eclampsia is the most unfavorable stage of gestosis . It is characterized by fainting, convulsive seizures. With an unfavorable course of the disease, mother and fetus may die.
To exclude, or significantly reduce the likelihood of negative consequences, a woman must follow the doctor’s recommendations, and fill out her own self-control sheet every day.
How to protect yourself from late toxicosis – useful recommendations
- Timely attend an antenatal clinic.
- Monitor your own weight. If it is above average, consult your doctor. This will help eliminate the likelihood of latent edema.
- Listen to how your baby is behaving in the tummy every day, and write down the frequency of movements in a self-control sheet. If there is a significant change in movement, consult a doctor.
- Take time to exercise feasible. Go for swimming, walking in the air.
- Eat healthy foods: salads, lean meats, fish, cereals, eggs, vegetables, fruits.
- Healthy drinks: cranberry juice, dried fruit compote, rosehip infusion. It is better to refuse coffee and tea.
- Limit your consumption of table salt drastically.
- Keep track of the amount of liquid you drink per day – no more than one and a half liters.
- The amount of sleep is at least 9-10 hours. Make sure to take rest breaks throughout the day .
- Protect yourself from any negative manifestations, stress, anxiety.
Late toxicosis during pregnancy is a very difficult period, and a woman just needs to go through it, gathering all her strength into a cam. It will definitely end, and the joy of meeting the little one will remain forever. Good luck