Pre-pregnancy tests are an integral part of good planning. The expectant mother must be sure that she is completely healthy and can bear a healthy baby – this is the goal that analyzes before pregnancy pursue.
Women planning a pregnancy must pass the following tests:
– gynecological examination and colposcopy;
– examination and, if necessary, treatment by a dentist, therapist and otolaryngologist. It is especially important to cure chronic tonsillitis;
– a blood test for group and rhesus in husband and wife. If a woman has a positive Rh, then you can calm down. If negative, then it is necessary to donate blood for antibodies to Rh. If the results of these tests are positive, then you cannot become pregnant at the moment, since a correction must be made. If the result is negative, an analysis for antibodies to Rh must be done every month of pregnancy, starting from the eighth week.
If a woman has the first blood group, and a man has another, incompatibility may occur. The analysis for antibodies to blood groups is carried out in the same way as antibodies to rhesus.
– a blood test for antibodies to rubella, herpes simplex virus, cytomegalovirus, chlamydia and toxoplasmosis. The presence of IgG antibodies in the blood means the resistance of immunity to these viruses, that is, there are no obstacles to conception. If the result is IgM labeling, then the infection is acute in the body and pregnancy must be delayed. If rubella antibodies are not detected, then three months before pregnancy it is necessary to vaccinate.
– gynecological smears for infections: PCR diagnostics of the twelve most common diseases.
– ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs. Such a study is carried out at least twice in one menstrual cycle – after menstruation and before they start. At the first examination, an assessment of the general condition of the internal organs is given. During the second, the function of the corpus luteum and changes in the endometrium are assessed, which indicate that ovulation has occurred. It is better to do a third ultrasound scan between the two to establish the follicle, which will determine ovulation.
– study of basal temperature. Indicators are taken from six to eight in the morning at the same time. A woman should not get out of bed, a thermometer measures the temperature in the rectum. All special conditions, for example, illness, lack of sleep, etc., must be described in the schedule.
– a blood test for hormones, in particular hormones of the adrenal glands and thyroid gland. Pay attention to hormones – TSH, free T4, antibodies to thyroid pyroxidase. The analysis is performed regardless of the day of the menstrual cycle.
– blood tests for coagulation and hemostasis;
– blood test for the establishment of antibodies to hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin), determination of the presence of conditions of miscarriage in the early stages;
– UAC and general urinalysis. The blood is tested for hemoglobin, leukocytes and erythrocytes, platelets, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, leukocyte formula. Blood for analysis is taken from a finger.
– in case of malfunctions in the menstrual cycle, in the presence of abnormalities according to the results of an ultrasound examination, with oily hair and skin, with excessive hair growth of any part of the body, as well as with abnormal body weight, the doctor may prescribe a blood test for hormones in an additional order.
The last thing that is needed after taking tests before pregnancy is a consultation with a leading doctor. The consultation is carried out on the basis of the obtained results of all analyzes. In the presence of diseases, they must be treated.