A complication during the onset of pregnancy is cystic drift, which occurs due to deviations in the fertilization process. Its peculiarity is that the cells that form the placenta do not develop normally.
About cystic drift – general information
Bubble drift is a member of the group of diseases, united by the common name ” trophoblastic tumors”. They are, for the most part, benign and treatable, which should be started on time.
Types of forms of cystic drift
A fertilized egg, if the process occurs normally, contains the paternal and maternal chromosomes, 23 pieces each, of both.
- The full form of the skid of the cystic. A fertilized egg does not contain a single mother’s chromosome, but there are two sets of paternal chromosomes. Pregnancy develops, but the normal formation of the embryo does not occur, since there is no fetal bladder, and the tissue that makes up the placenta has an abnormal composition and appearance. The placenta forms in the form of a large number of cysts of different sizes, very similar to a bunch of grapes.
- Incomplete form of cystic drift. In this case, the fertilized egg contains two sets of male chromosomes, 46 in total, and one set of female chromosomes, as expected, 23 chromosomes. The total number of chromosomes is 69, instead of 46 at the norm. With such an anomaly, it is possible that part of the placental tissue will be formed normal, as well as the fact that the other part will be abnormal, similar to a bunch of grapes.
In both cases, the development and bearing of a normal pregnancy is not possible.
This rare ailment occurs in primiparous women, whose age has stepped over the average .. In the presence of the following symptoms, urgent hospitalization is always required.
Cystic Skid Symptoms
- The size of the uterus is much larger than it should be at this particular stage of pregnancy.
- The release of a large amount of blood from the genital tract, which contains bubbles.
- When conducting a study with ultrasound, ultrasound, the doctor “does not see” certain signs of pregnancy: there is no heartbeat of the fetus, its parts, no movement is felt.
- The female symptoms of the onset of pregnancy are excessively pronounced. This is a mandatory manifestation of toxicosis, with nausea and vomiting, salivation, sudden weight loss – exhaustion, the development of anemia due to frequent bleeding, preeclapsia , symptoms indicating renal failure, eclampsia.
How to treat cystic drift – known methods
In order to detect this type of disease, the doctor conducts:
- vaginal examination;
- examination by ultrasound – ultrasound;
- determines with the help of analyzes the content of PCG and beta-hCG.
There is only one treatment – removal of the cystic drift from the uterine cavity. For this, curettage of the uterine cavity, vacuum aspiration, in the most extreme case, hysterectomy are used.
Why is cystic skid dangerous?
It is possible that after a cystic drift, the following intrauterine ailments of an infectious nature may appear:
- centicemia ;
According to statistics, in most cases, hydatidiform mole does not affect a woman’s ability to have children in the future, if adequate treatment has been carried out. This also applies to cases where a course of compulsory chemotherapy was performed,
Repeated pregnancy can occur in six months if the woman has not undergone chemotherapy, and not earlier than a year later if chemotherapy was carried out. The likelihood of developing a repeated cystic drift is not high, only 1-2%, but those who have met with a similar ailment will need more frequent examination by a doctor after a new pregnancy has begun.