Analyzes before pregnancy planning are an obligatory component of a competent conception planning scheme. A woman who is about to become a mother should know for sure that she is not sick with anything, and does not risk the health of her unborn baby.
Tests before pregnancy planning
- examination on a gynecological chair, examination with a colposcope ;
- examination and treatment (if necessary) of a dentist, ENT, therapist;
- blood donation for analysis for rhesus and group.
This analysis must be passed to both the expectant mother and the future dad. If a woman has a positive Rh factor, then there are no problems. If negative, then it is necessary to donate blood for antibodies to Rh. If the results of these tests are positive, then at the moment it is impossible to become pregnant, since a correction needs to be made. If the result is negative, an analysis for antibodies to Rh should be done every month of pregnancy, starting from the eighth week.
If a woman has the first blood group, and a man has a different one, incompatibility by blood type may occur. The analysis for antibodies to blood groups is carried out according to the same scheme as the analysis before planning pregnancy for antibodies to Rh.
Pregnancy planning begins with the testing of a future pregnant woman. This is a blood test:
- a blood test for antibodies to rubella, herpes simplex virus, cytomegalovirus, chlamydia and toxoplasmosis. The presence of IgG antibodies in the blood means that the immune system is resistant to these viruses, that is, there are no obstacles to conception. If the result is IgM marking , then the infection is acute in the body and pregnancy must be delayed. If no antibodies to rubella measles are detected, then three months before pregnancy, it is necessary to be vaccinated.
- hormonal blood tests, in particular adrenal and thyroid hormones. Pay attention to hormones – TSH, T4 free, antibodies to thyropyroxidase . The analysis is performed regardless of the day of the menstrual cycle.
- blood tests for coagulation and hemostasis;
- a blood test to establish antibodies to human chorionic gonadotropin, to determine the presence of miscarriage conditions in the early stages;
In addition, it is necessary to conduct a general analysis of blood and urine. Blood is examined for hemoglobin, leukocytes and erythrocytes, platelets, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, leukocyte formula. Blood for analysis is taken from a finger.
What else needs to be checked?
- vaginal swabs for infections: PCR diagnostics of the twelve most common diseases.
- Ultrasound of the internal organs of the small pelvis. Such a study is carried out at least twice in one menstrual cycle – after menstruation and before they begin. At the first examination, an assessment of the general condition of the internal organs is given. During the second examination, an assessment is made of the function of the corpus luteum and changes in the endometrium, which indicate that ovulation has occurred. It is better to do a third ultrasound between these two to establish the follicle, which will determine ovulation.
- study of basal temperature. The indicators are taken from six to eight in the morning at the same time. A woman should not get out of bed, the temperature in the rectum is measured with a thermometer. All special conditions, such as illness, lack of sleep, etc., must be described in the schedule.
If there are malfunctions in the menstrual cycle, in the presence of violations according to the results of ultrasound, with oily hair and skin, with excessive hair growth in any part of the body, as well as with abnormal body weight, the doctor may prescribe a blood test for hormones in an additional order.
The last thing that is necessary after passing the tests before planning a pregnancy is a consultation with the doctor who is supposed to conduct the pregnancy. The consultation is carried out on the basis of the results of all analyzes. If there are diseases, they must be cured without fail.